An International Research Symposium
The Santa Cruz Massacre, 1991:
Thirty Years On
Online 9-10 November 2021
Program and abstracts booklet:
Please check the time and date of your session carefully. Each session is 1.5 hours and consists of three presentations. Each presentation should be 20 minutes maximum; you may use PowerPoint. We will send an email putting you in touch with your fellow panellists, along with guidelines for chairs, later this week.
- Only pre-registered participants will be able to access the conference website (click link) through which all sessions will be run. Those who pre-registered should have received all their login information from the Open University (Universidade Aberta, UA) through the email they registered with. Please also check spam/junk folders for login instructions that might have gone astray.
- For those in Dili, you can take part by going to the Centro Nacional Chega! (CNC) office in Balide.
- Sessions will be recorded and made available at a later date.
The symposium will use the Universidade Aberta online platform (click link). Please ensure that you confirm your access to the platform as soon as possible (Friday at the latest).
- If you are new to the platform, you would have received an email yesterday from UAb; please follow the instructions given. Once you are on the platform, enter through “Outros Utilizadores”.
- If you attended the TLSA-PT conference, your login details are the same and you should have immediate access. Once you are on the platform, enter through “Outros Utilizadores”.
- If you are a professor or student at Universidade Aberta, once you are on the platform, enter through “Utilizadores com conta no domínio UAb”.
- If you have forgotten your access details, enter through “Alteração e Recuperação de Palavra-passe”. If the problem persists, please contact us.
Memories and Memorabilia:
This section is available for viewing on the online platform. Please note that there is also an open forum to which you may contribute memories, comments, or reflections during the symposium.
For more information email: email@example.com
Organising committee: Dr Vannessa Hearman (Curtin University), Mr Hugo Fernandes (CNC), Professor Michael Leach (Swinburne University of Technology), Dr Hannah Loney (Central European University), Dr Marisa Ramos Gonçalves (Centro de Estudos Sociais – UC), and Rogerio Savio (independent researcher, Timor-Leste)